More and more brides are opting to make their own centerpieces and create their own bouquets in lieu of hiring a professional wedding florist. They seem to overlook the fact that enjoying arts and crafts is one thing, while handling the floral arrangements for your own wedding ceremony and reception is a whole new ballgame.
- Time is precious. You shouldn’t have to waste yours making centerpieces. There are only twenty-four hours in a day and your time is incredibly valuable, especially in the weeks leading up to your wedding. You shouldn’t have to waste your time making centerpieces and bouquets. Dealing with your guest list, “saying yes to the dress,” hiring a photographer and planning your honeymoon will definitely keep you busy!
- Weddings are stressful enough. Don’t create more. It’s a fact of life—even the happiest, most blessed events are stressful. From intimate gatherings to full-fledged galas, weddings involve a lot of planning and a lot of effort. You don’t need the added stress of making your own floral arrangements just to save a few bucks.
- Experience matters. You wouldn’t let a random stranger take over your job for a day, would you? Of course not! The same is true for floral design. Just because you appreciate flowers and have fun making crafts doesn’t mean you have the professional knowledge that’s needed to create centerpieces for your reception and bouquets for your wedding party. Experience matters—let a professional wedding florist handle the flowers for your wedding.
- Mistakes matter. Experience matters, but mistakes matter too. If you make a mistake while attempting to create your own bouquet, it will seem like the end of the world. If a professional wedding florist makes a mistake, they know how to correct the problem before anyone ever knows it happened.
- Professional florists are professional for a reason. If you still want to take a DIY approach to your wedding … have you stopped to consider what’s going to happen when you run out of flowers? Or ask yourself what you’re going to do when disaster strikes at the last minute? Professional florists have connections. Should something happen while a professional florist is handling your wedding—and most likely, it won’t—they will know who to contact or how to handle the situation with grace and ease. A bride, on the other hand, would want to have a nervous breakdown.
These are just a few of the many reasons why it’s in your best interest to hire a professional florist for your wedding. Throughout life, we often have regrets about things we did or didn’t do. When you look back at your wedding album over the years, you won’t want to regret your choice of wedding florist!