Brides usually hire our company, Tampa Photo, for our unique photographic style. However, there are many more elements that go into having a “Picture Perfect Wedding.” As photographers, we capture the “mood” of your day but all your other vendor choices figure into how well your final photos will turn out.
From your Makeup Artist, to your Wedding Coordinator, to your DJ, to your choice of an Event Hall…all of your choices will contribute to telling the story of your Wedding Day.
Have you ever heard the phrase:
“If a Picture is Worth a Thousand Words, What will Your Wedding Photos Say About You?”
Even if we weren’t photographers, we would tell you that after your Wedding Day, when the food and cake is gone, and the dress doesn’t fit anymore, and the flowers have perished, all you will have to remember your day by is your photographs. This is why it is so important to hire a professional photographer that can capture your moments the way they happened, and create a one-of-a-kind album that will forever hold those memories for you.
We have had wedding images ruined for our Brides by unprofessional vendors. How would you like it if the DJ you hired drank too much from your open bar and stepped directly into our path when you were throwing your bouquet? How would you like the band you hired to sing off-key and play out of tune? How would you like to be dressed and ready to go down the aisle and no one can find your flowers anywhere? Or worse yet, what if your hair and makeup artist decides not to show up at all?
These are all things that can happen (and have happened) at a Wedding if you pick the wrong vendors. If you want fabulous images from your Wedding Day then you have to plan correctly. Here are some guidelines to go by:
- Hire a Photographic Artist. The national average for Wedding Photography is now at $2,500. The rule of thumb is your Wedding Photography should be 7-10% of your entire budget. You have all of your life to look for bargains…don’t do it with your Wedding Photos.
- Have your Wedding at a spectacular Venue–The images from a VFW Hall are truly different than images that are taken at a Four-Star Hotel or Country Club.
- Hire a professional Hair/Makeup Artist–This is perhaps the one thing that really shows up in finished photos. If your foundation is the wrong color or your makeup streaks, this can ruin your images.
- Hire a Wedding Coordinator! This is not the day for you to be a control freak! You should be relaxed and not worried about details on the most important day of your life.
- Hire a professional DJ–Your DJ becomes your Master of Ceremonies. They will take control of your reception and make sure that everything runs smoothly.
- Find a good Florist–You want gorgeous bouquets and arrangements that will last the entire day for you. Make sure they are fresh and are delivered ON TIME for photos!
The above list is just a few of the things you should be thinking about if you want a “Picture Perfect Wedding.”
As a final note: With the advent of inexpensive digital cameras, Weddings are now filled with amateur “paparazzi”. These friends and family members actually DO ruin the images from Professional Photographers (either by their on-camera flash interfering with ours, or with them getting in the way of our photos.) Your family members and guests should be coming to your Wedding to enjoy themselves, NOT to cover the event. Let them know that you have hired professionals to cover your Wedding and you would appreciate it if they left their cameras at home and just came to celebrate your day with you.
Article © Mj Wilson
Image © Mj Wilson/Tampa Photo